Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1.17.2011

Wishlist of the Week: Drapes in Bathrooms

I didn't spend much time watching the Golden Globes last night, but the flowing full length gowns that I did see have me wishing for a touch of glamour in my surroundings.  Lately, I've seen so many images of full length curtains in bathrooms, and I think its the perfect way to "dress" your walls with a touch of fancy.  Although I think it could be a dust/lint nightmare, if I had the right room for it, I'd do it in a heartbeat!  What I love is how un-bathroomy this treatment is--an unexpected layer of pretty that really elevates the look of the space and adds a serious dose of glamour and luxury.

Sara Richardson


Full length drapes are really the perfect backdrop to a stunning bathtub.  A warm soak in a sculptural tub + sunlight filtering through layers of pretty fabric = a perfect relaxation experience, don't you think?


Head over to Southern Exposure for more photos of this lovely retreat.  This girl has serious style in the rest of her home too--the other images of this space won't disappoint!

 Metropolitan Home

 Sarah Richardson

Sara Richardson


Caldwell Flake Interior Design

Decorpad

I love how these drapes are recessed into a ceiling channel to make the height of that wall look endless.

Now that I've been dreaming about drapes, I'm sure I'll start to notice even more full length curtains in bathroom spaces everywhere.  Seems like a great way to add some unexpected glamour to a space that doesn't always get a lot of "star treatment".  A lot less expensive than a designer gown, I'd say!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness!! I would give my left arm for one of these bathrooms!! I love the drapes! Great post!

Emily Hewett
A Well Dressed Home
awelldressedhome.com/blog

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Look for my post on Friday, I'm giving you an award...:)
Janell

Sarah said...

I love this post and do a column every Sunday - 'Spaah on Sunday' and I love these bathrooms!!! I am especially taken with Caldwell Flake - wow! what incredible design in their portfolio - blew me away!! Love your blog!! :))

igoradiya said...

A very Elegant design, a luxury and Contemporary Italian white bathroom design ideas. which give different bath feels. The white color of this bathroom, also give clean atmosphere inside. These Italian bathrooms design bring to life a scene cool, minimalist and clean, simple silhouettes with vibrant colors appear rich and lacquered finishes, and interesting ways, of course, the lighting, which can be compared to art.