Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12.13.2012

TOUCHES OF CHRISTMAS

I mentioned in my last post that decorating at my house had been on hold because of my involvement in decorating for church events this year.  I'm happy to say that after being snowed in all weekend, (Minneapolis got hit hard, and I LOVE all the snow we have) my house is much more Christmas-ey now.  I'll  post some photos of that this weekend, but first I wanted to share some more fun stuff from my weekend of decorating for my church.

Every year, a fantastic committee plans a 2 two-night event for women only--a fancy dinner with a Christmas program to follow.  It takes a ton of planning, coordinating and preparation to pull it together, and it always ends up being such a fun event.  One of the most unique parts is that handfuls of women sign up to "hostess" tables for the dinner, and part of their duties is to set and decorate their table.  This means that out of 20 or so tables, each one is different and special, and there are lots of ladies that pull out all the stops!  I only have photos of my own to share (which I decorated with my mother-in-law), and I'll tell you that ours was far from the fanciest one there!




We did it in cream, silver and gold--very monochromatic but nice and sparkly.  I used my dishes, and basically just scoured my house for other accessories.  I have a small collection of mercury glass vessels and objects, hence the centerpiece.


My mother in law found these inexpensive silver doilies for on top of the plates--I like how they add a nice lacy touch, and don't scream "doily".


The starburst mirror lying flat on the table didn't start out white and pretty.  That's for another post--it is a good before and after :)

The best part about this large room is that when all the tables are decorated, they turn the fluorescent lights out and we eat by candlelight, along with some ambient light from large chandeliers hung from the ceiling for this event.  It is so pretty, and a great way to kick of the season.  Even though it was a lot of work, I enjoyed every minute....looking forward to next year!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Such a gorgeous table! And, I love the starburst mirror in the center - it's so hard to "fill" tables that big and the mirror lends an awesome texture.

Michele @ Moonfield Lane said...

Hi Kristen. Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for adding me to your blogroll. Happy New Year :)

Anonymous said...

Your centerpiece is so unique; I love it! Where did you get the inspiration for it? I love the different wine glasses and the silver coloring. I think it is awesome that you had most of that stuff already in your house.

Please visit My Webblog: Online PhD in Education

Clipping Solutions said...

Actually informative post. This post is very useful. Ghost Mannequin services
Photo Retouching Services

Emily said...

Thank you for this nice sharing. Great post.

CLICKME said...

"Howdy! I know this is sort of off-topic but I needed to ask.
Does operating a well-established blog like yours take a large amount of work?
I am completely new to running a blog but I do write in my diary
daily. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and feelings online.

Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations
or tips for new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!"

립카페

MY SITE said...

Hi! I was perusing your website and wanted to drop a note that I really liked it. I thought I’d share a site too. You can learn about past life regression there. Check it out if you’re interested. Thanks!!

외국인출장

VISIT ME said...

"Thank you for the auspicious write-up. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate?"

마사지