Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2.02.2012

The Watercolour Trend

My January issue of Canadian House & Home magazine informs me that one of the top trends trickling down from the runway to home interiors is watercolour.  I'm happy that some of my design sources tell me what's fashionable in clothing right now, because these days I've chosen to remain completely clueless about what's up and coming in the fashion world.  Its a self-preservation technique, really, because during my pregnancy, I gained 50 pounds, and while I've dropped 40 of it over the last 3 months, the last nasty ten needs to go away before I can start getting excited about new clothes again.  So while I'm certainly not filling my closet with any of the latest trends, when it comes to home decor, one size fits all, and I'm loving all of the watercolour-inspired items starting to appear.

In furniture:


Bedding:



Housewares:


Floorcoverings:



source

Textiles:



source

source

I also did a quick search on Etsy, and there's an infinite number of original watercolor paintings--perfect to compliment all of the other popular decor:





And if I do manage to ditch the pregnancy weight soon, maybe I'll get in on the fashion trend (before it goes away) and sport one of these pretty dresses:




That's all I've got for now, but I'm going to keep my eyes peeled as this trend continues to emerge in home decor.  It think a hit of watercolour--in furnishings, a painting, or an accessory could be the perfect thing to soften the edges of any room.  Happy Friday, and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Holly Gruszka said...

I still need to lose the extra 5-10 lbs and my daughter is almost 18 months old, so I haven't treated myself to a ton of clothing yet but hopefully soon once the nice weather hits and I finally get the extra weight off. I have noticed a bit of a watercolor trend here and there, and you give some nice examples too and I like that they're not too literal. Have a great weekend Kristen!