Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1.09.2011

My Favorite Canadian Shopping Experience

I'm thankful to be safely back home in Minnesota.  It was simply wonderful to spend time with my family in Canada, but the driving experience both there and back was quite the adventure.  Its back to work tomorrow, and I'm so excited to share some upcoming projects, as well as some inspiring 2010 projects that I completed.  For right now though, here are some quick and fun photos of one of my favorite Canadian shopping destinations......HomeSense, how I miss you!  When I moved to the U.S., I was delighted to find TJMaxx/Homegoods, and thought it would rival the collection of great pieces I always find at HomeSense.  I soon discovered that this is not the case, and I'm pretty jealous of all of my Canadian friends who are able to swing by this decorating mecca at a moments notice.  My trip this past week yielded some great eye candy......here are a few shots of the "designerly" pieces I found.


This is one of five or six glorious rows of pillows.  I found this beauty here last time, and the huge selection never disappoints.  Below is a close up of a couple favorites...



Wish I could have taken this home with me......I think its a great knockoff of a Wishbone Chair.  And if you're not liking the black, how about turquoise.....




Stylish lamps a plenty.....


 And a gorgeous mirror to reflect all of that pretty light.....this one is only $60.00!


 These gold wire bowls had an "expensive" look to them.....I regret not snagging one for myself.....


And finally, aren't these bird book-ends so unique!  Another item I should have picked up for myself, but lucky for me, I have a sister-in-law who is one of the best shoppers I know.  She lives just blocks away from a great HomeSense, and would be more than happy to look for some unique items for me if I need a "fix".

So to all of you Canadians out there who are lucky enough to have one of these wonderful stores right in your backyard, good for you......happy hunting!


No comments: